The National Museum of the Pacific War provides hands-on opportunities for students interested in the museum field. As an intern, you will gain valuable experience, be empowered to ask questions, and have the opportunity to attend workshops that offer career insights and behind-the-scenes access.
- May 30th- August 5th 2023
- 10 weeks long
- 30-40 hours a week (dependent on internship)
- Flexible weekly schedule to be arranged with your supervisor
- Some nights and weekends (dependent on internship)
- Stipend (up to $2,000)
- Limited housing available
- Weekly workshops, including:
- Behind-the-Scenes Tours
- Resume and Portfolio Building
- Cover Letter
- At least one letter of recommendation or two references (preferably from a current or former professor or employer)
- Unofficial transcript
- Museum Education
- The education intern will help engage and inspire by assisting with museum programming, helping with research and resource development, and more! This position is open to undergraduate and graduate students interested in museum programming, education, living history, and public history.
- The archives intern will help preserve Pacific War history by assisting the Processing Archivist with preparing part of the collection for digitization. Primary focus will be on letters exchanged between service members and their families during the war. This position is open to undergraduate and graduate students interested in archival studies and/or library science. Experience with archival management systems preferred.
- The collections intern will assist with accessioning backlogged items, help house accessioned artifacts of various mediums and sizes, create records for the digital database, and more! This position is open to undergraduate students in their junior and senior years and graduate students.
To apply, email the required documents to Kyna Stys, Director of Education and Museum Programming, at Kstys@nimitzfoundation.org by April 28, 2023. Please specify the internship that you are pursuing and indicate whether or not you will require on-site housing (on-site housing is limited to only three interns).