Attention to detail, with duties to restrooms and other areas of the buildings, basic housekeeping, applying cleaning chemicals as appropriate, other related jobs as assigned, and some maintenance. Basic computer skills are needed with the ability to read and follow instructions. Be able to complete the assigned tasks. Experience in custodial work is required. Leadership experience is an advantage with an emphasis on teamwork.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
1. Must be able to clean and maintain all buildings of the Admiral Nimitz Foundation and the Museum of the Pacific War. Follow the cleaning schedule of each building
2. Must have the ability to perform all aspects of custodial / maintenance duties.
3. Priority, clean all interior areas of restrooms, restock all items within the restrooms.
4. Wet mop/dry mops all areas as required.
5. Clean all glass, to include windows, counters, display cases, and all other areas with glass.
6. Must be able to use a floor machine/buffer, and other related equipment.
7. Apply cleaning chemicals as appropriate to the material being cleaned. Read and understand all MSDS Safety Data Material
8. Must have attention to detail when cleaning.
9. Report to maintenance items in need of repair or attention. A copy of the Maintenance Repair Sheet or Request form to be completed.
10. Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds and climb a ladder.
11. Basic computer skills are required. Additional forms on the computer to be completed, timesheets, send/receive an e-mail, maintenance request forms, as well as any other forms to be completed.
12. Must be able to read and follow instructions and directions.
13. Attend safety meetings and other related meetings.
14. Perform other duties as needed and required.
High School diploma required.
Please submit an application below.
The National Museum of the Pacific War is an Equal Opportunity Employer.