Visitor services staff provide exceptional guest service while greeting, directing and assisting visitors, and selling tickets at the Admiral Nimitz Museum and George H.W. Bush Gallery admissions counters. Visitor services staff may also provide relief at the Pacific Combat Zone or Command Post. Part time hours range from 25 - 29 hrs. per week. This position has an hourly starting rate of $11.50 and reports to the Director of Visitor Services. Uniform shirts are provided.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide exceptional guest service to all visitors to ensure a memorable visit to the National Museum of the Pacific War.
- Process all transactions efficiently and accurately. Complete daily drawer reconciliation without exception (overage/shortage).
- Provide exhibit direction and information for ease of access.
- Answer telephone inquiries and direct calls to the appropriate staff member as necessary.
- Assist with groups as needed. Utilize special queues during peak visitation periods.
- Assist in maintaining cleanliness of main visitor areas as needed; restroom, foyers, exhibits, etc.
- Provide additional information to visitors suggesting membership, memorials and special programs and exhibits.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of work areas and counters.
- Maintain positive communication with all Foundation and THC employees. Promote teamwork throughout the campus.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous visitor services or customer service.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Complete all POS transactions accurately including opening and closing procedures.
- Able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Windows environments, computer programs, email, internet, and Point of Sale systems.
- Ability to use additional office equipment; fax, copier, printer.
- Must be an effective communicator able to listen well and speak clearly.
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods, bend and lift as required.
- Proper hygiene and grooming.
- Able to work a flexible schedule including weekends, holidays and occasional special event evenings.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $11.50 per hour
Masks and social distancing are required on the campus. Visitors are encouraged to wash hands often and hand sanitizers are stationed throughout the galleries and lobby areas.
Please complete the application below and include a cover letter and resume. For more information, please email VisitorServices@NimitzFoundation.org.
The National Museum of the Pacific War is an Equal Opportunity Employer.