The Museum Store Associate is responsible for providing visitors with a continuation of the National Museum of the Pacific War experience and generating earned revenue consistent with the mission and standards of the organization. This part-time position averages 25 - 29 hours per week and reports to Museum Stores Manager. Current hourly starting wage is $12.00.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet all visitors to the museum stores with a positive and enthusiastic demeanor and assist with merchandise selection and other requested information.
- Maintain positive communication with all Foundation employees. Promote teamwork within the museum stores and throughout the Foundation.
- Accurately complete all sales transactions according to Point of Sale (POS) procedures and Foundation policy.
- Complete telephone sales, web orders and prepare merchandise for shipping.
- Assist in processing incoming stock according to POS and inventory management procedures daily.
- Assist in maintaining attractive and well-stocked merchandised displays replenishing as needed.
- Assist in maintaining store cleanliness.
- Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS:
- Positive attitude and motivated team player; works cooperatively with museum staff; provide outstanding customer service.
- Demonstrated sales and goal achievement.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle multiple projects.
- Proficient with computers, the Internet, Point-of-Sale applications, Microsoft Outlook, and Excel.
- Ability to meet scheduled deadlines.
- Ability to lift and move stock and assist with shipping merchandise as needed.
- Ability to meet the needs of a flexible schedule including weekends, holidays, and occasional evenings.
High School diploma required.
Please submit an application below.
The National Museum of the Pacific War is an Equal Opportunity Employer.