Reporting to the Development Director, the Assistant Development Director-Events Coordinator schedules public and private events through on-campus rentals. This includes detailed planning with clients, staff and volunteers. Responsibilities include scheduling, contract management, coordination with vendors, physical room logistics, oversight of set-up, and proper break-down after events. The Events Coordinator works closely with maintenance, staff and public volunteers to ensure the event has proper coverage before, during and after. Events examples include reunions, military ceremonies, foundation fund-raisers, community events, film screening, public programming, and retirement events. When the Event Coordinator is not overseeing events, he or she will assist the Director of Development and the Membership Coordinator with other needs of the business. This includes running individual and business membership drives, working closing on operational fund-raising appeals, supporting the ‘The Society of Sons & Daughters of WW II Veterans’ program, coordinating with Marketing on Member and Donor communication efforts, and managing CRM database needs.
- Manage and grow the Rentals revenue to beyond pre-COVID pandemic levels, working with internal resources and Fredericksburg resources like the CVB to promote rental options,
- Refine and manage the Rentals Policy and Contract parameters to ensure all rentals meet the guidelines and requirements according to policy and law.
- Assist the Public Programming Coordinator to ensure all logistics needs are met in support of on-campus events such as Outpost, Symposium or other educational focuses,
- Coordinate with Membership to generate awareness of Rentals to new and existing members,
- Assist the Membership Coordinator to manage and grow the Individual Membership Program and business membership program, using POS and CRM software to manage member database,
- Assist in growing the Society of Sons & Daughters of WWII Veterans genealogical society,
- Help organize and administer membership public events on or off campus,
- Assist Marketing to create and deliver communications (newsletters, email, mail, social media)
- Supports the Development Director as required in fundraising activities,
- Proactively identifies new prospects to support the museum (i.e. ticket buyers, event attendees, etc.) and develops initiatives to convert them to members or rentals prospects,
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Well-Qualified Candidates Should Possess:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to engage people of a wide range of ages and experiences,
- High energy and passion for the Museum’s mission,
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail,
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite, Adobe Acrobat, and Database Management,
- Flexible and adaptable team player who is mission-minded
- Self-managed, ability to work independently but capable of engaging with others internally as well as outside the organization in a high-performance setting.
Additional Qualifications Desired:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, sales, event management, hospitality, or a related field,
- Experience in Event Management or Hospitality (non-profit or for profit),
- 2-plus years of similar job experience,
- Experience with Ticketing/Point of Sale as well as CRM programs.
This is a full-time, salaried position in the range of $33,000 to $36,000 with health insurance, sick leave, paid vacation and holidays. A 403-B retirement savings account is offered. The applicant’s lifestyle must be flexible enough to work evenings and weekends, when required.
Please submit resume with salary requirement to The Admiral Nimitz Foundation, 328 East Main Street, Fredericksburg, Texas 78624 Attn: Development Director, or email to swlutz@NimitzFoundation.org