Reporting to the Development Director, the Assistant Development Director-Memberships manages the Foundation’s membership programs and its genealogical society ‘The Society of Sons & Daughters of WW II Veterans’. The Membership Coordinator plays an integral role in attracting, retaining and engaging individual and business members. The Membership Coordinator works closely with the Development Director to execute the Foundation’s membership strategy and is directly responsible for the management of all data and processes related to membership recruitment and retention. This position will also work with other development staff to insure excellent stewardship for members and annual fund donors. The Membership Coordinator also works closely with the Development Director, providing any needed support in fundraising efforts.
- Manage and grow the Individual Membership Program and business membership program, using POS and CRM software to manage member database,
- Manage and grow the Society of Sons & Daughters of WWII Veterans genealogical society,
- Organize and administer membership events for purposes of acquiring new members or cultivating existing member base,
- Coordinate with Marketing to create and deliver quarterly membership newsletter as well as acquisition and renewal campaigns,
- Supports the Development Director as required in fundraising activities,
- Proactively identifies new prospects to support the museum (i.e. ticket buyers, event attendees, etc.) and develops initiatives to convert them to members,
- Provide monthly membership status reports as well as recommended performance plans,
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Well-Qualified Candidates Should Possess:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to engage people of a wide range of ages and experiences,
- High energy and passion for the Museum’s mission,
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail,
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite, Adobe Acrobat, and Database Management,
- Flexible and adaptable team player who is mission-minded
- Self-managed, ability to work independently but capable of engaging with others internally as well as outside the organization in a high-performance setting.
Additional Qualifications Desired:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, non-profit management, or a related field,
- Experience in marketing, digital marketing, membership management or hospitality,
- 2-plus years of similar job experience,
- Experience with Ticketing/Point of Sale as well as CRM programs.
This is a full-time, salaried position in the range of $33,000 to $36,000 with health insurance, sick leave, paid vacation and holidays. A 403-B retirement savings account is offered. The applicant’s lifestyle must be flexible enough to work evenings and weekends, when required.
Please submit a cover letter with salary requirement and resume to The Admiral Nimitz Foundation, 328 East Main Street, Fredericksburg, Texas 78624 Attn: Development Director, or email to swlutz@NimitzFoundation.org
The National Museum of the Pacific War is an Equal Opportunity Employer.