Programs for School GrOUps
We offer a variety of programs for school groups and all are free of charge.
We offer teachers the opportunity to tour the museum free of charge before coming with their students.
To set up your free visit please contact us by filling out the short online form.
School Group Tour and Optional "Teacher Preview"
Self-guided school group tours of the Museum complex include the Plaza of Presidents, George H.W. Bush Gallery, Pacific Combat Zone, Japanese Garden of Peace, Plaza of Presidents, and the Memorial Courtyard.
Before arriving, take a virtual tour and download corresponding maps and TEKS-based lesson plans.
A minimum of one (1) chaperone per 10 students is required for all school groups. If chaperones outnumber students applicable admission may apply.
Reserve FREE self-guided "School Group Tour" and optional "Teacher Preview" by contacting the Director of Education.
Pacific Combat Zone Up Close
This presentation allows students to get the "boots on the ground" experience--to walk the battlefield, see artifacts up close, and learn more about WWII in the Pacific.
If a school can't visit the Museum, the Museum's education team can come to the classroom and conduct a history lesson using WWII artifacts.
Field Trip Reservation Form
Checklist for Planning Your Trip
- PICK YOUR PROGRAMS Listed above
- LINE UP CHAPERONES A minimum of 1 chaperone per 10 students is required for all school groups
- MAKE RESERVATION Contact Director of Education
- DOWNLOAD MATERIAL Maps, TEKS-based lesson plans (Grades 4 - 12)
- CHECK YOUR PARKING OPTIONS Parking is free for buses and cars at the Visitor Center across from the museum on Austin Street or at the Pacific Combat Zone
- PACK LUNCH Picnic area is available UPON REQUEST (and schools should confirm this request prior to arrival) at the Oveta Cult Hobby Education Center and the Main Street Plaza (MarktPlatz), two blocks west of the museum.
- ORDER SOUVENIR DOG TAGS Contact the Director of Visitor Services for prices and details