TEKS-BASED LESSON PLANS
Education is key to the Museum’s mission, so we are proud to offer a library of lesson plans that are linked to specific TEKS from Chapter 113, Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills for Social Studies. The links to the appropriate grade levels cross-reference the supported TEKS by grade and lesson plan. We add new lesson plans as we develop them, so please check the site regularly for updates.
- Elementary, Middle and High School Lesson Plans
- Lesson: Advancing Across Pacific - es/ms
- Lesson: Advancing Across Pacific - hs
- Lesson: Ethnic Groups World War II
- Lesson: Geography Pacific
- Lesson: Japan Chooses War
- Lesson: Japanese Empire Culture
- Lesson: Science Technology
- Lesson: Texas History
- Lesson: The Home Front
- Lesson: What Makes Battle Famous
TEKS SYMPOSIA SERIES
Our annual symposia on the Pacific War attract scholars, historians, veterans and authors from around the nation. Previous topics have included Pearl Harbor, Guadalcanal, the treatment of POWs, air operations, amphibious operations, the decision to drop the atomic bomb and many other history-making events.
Saint Edwards University in Austin offers Continuing Education Credit for attendance at the symposia. Admission is free to students with valid student I.D.