News & Events
Texas Historical Commission Free Day
May 05th, 2019 12:00am
On Sunday May 5, The Texas Historical Commission (THC) will offer FREE admission to all 22 THC state historic sites, including the National Museum of the Pacific War. If free admission isn’t enough, we’re partnering with VOCES Oral History Project to bring you special programming on that day!
On May 5th you will have the opportunity to use an interactive listening station to hear parts of VOCES vast collection of oral histories from World War II veterans, many of whom are Texans! A 2-hour oral history workshop will also be offered to teach you how to use different equipment, including a cell phone, to interview your own family and friends. We hope you will gain a new perspective into your family history as well as our collective historical narrative.
Click here to learn more and to register for the workshop.
- Songs of the Patriot Temporary Exhibit
- The Kakehashi Project, “Japan’s Friendship Ties Program”
- Leadership Seminar
- Texas Historical Commission Free Day
- VOCES Oral History Project Workshop
- 2nd Annual Robotics Competition
- May Nimitz Junior Corps- Where in the World?: Geography of WWII
- May WWII Pacific Combat Program
- 10th Annual Nimitz Golf Classic
- June Nimitz Junior Corps- Where in the World?: Geography of WWII
- July WWII Pacific Combat Program
- July Nimitz Junior Corps- East Meets West: The Japanese During WWII
- Author’s Forum
- August Nimitz Junior Corps- East Meets West: The Japanese During WWII
- August WWII Pacific Combat Program