News & Events
Pearl Harbor Day Observance
December 11th, 2018 12:25pm
Join us December 7th at 12:25 in the Memorial Courtyard to remember the day the United States was thrown into war and honor those who served and were lost that day. This program is free to the public. In the case of inclement weather, the program will be moved into the Nimitz Museum Ballroom.
There will be a wreath presentation by any Pearl Harbor Veterans in attendance, followed by a three-gun volley by our Nimitz Living History Detachment and taps played by Bill Smallwood.
- USS Texas; The Last Dreadnought
- March WWII Pacific Combat Program
- Leadership Seminar with Rep. Rick Miller
- April WWII Pacific Combat Program
- Weapons of War: Secrets and Science
- May WWII Pacific Combat Program
- Memorial Day
- Prisoners Under the Rising Sun
- June WWII Pacific Combat Program
- July WWII Pacific Combat Program
- Use it Up, Wear it Out, or Do Without: The American Homefront During World War II
- September WWII Pacific Combat Program
- Art of the Aloha Shirt: Keoni of Hawaii, 1938–51
- October WWII Pacific Combat Program
- Leadership: Choose Your Own Way
- Past Events
Tuesday, October 11, 2016
Museum launches ‘Real-time’ Twitter Experience for Pearl Harbor
In 1941, on the most infamous day in the modern era, news of a shocking event that altered the course of human history took the span of several hours (even days) to spread through the civilized world. But,.. what if our present 24-hour news technology had existed then?
Tuesday, August 23, 2016
Texas Historical Foundation Donates $5,000 to Admiral Nimitz Foundation
The Texas Historical Foundation recently donated $5,000 to help replace the roof on the historic Nimitz Hotel, now the Admiral Nimitz Museum.