News & Events
June Nimitz Junior Corps- Where in the World?: Geography of WWII
June 15th, 2019 1:00pm
Join the Nimitz Jr. Corps on Saturday, June 15, 2018 at the National Museum of the Pacific War for Where in the World?: Geography of WWII. Have you ever wondered where Pearl Harbor or Iwo Jima was? Here is your chance to find out. We will use our scale model map and other resources to explore the high seas of the Pacific! Corps members will also learn about typhoons and what kind of creatures lurk in those waters.
Nimitz Jr. Corps is open free of charge to children ages 8-12 and runs from 1:00pm-3:00pm. Participation is limited to the first 15 registrants each session. Pick-up and drop-off are at the Pacific Combat Zone. Please contact Barbara Ford at 830-997-8600 ext. 225 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The National Museum of the Pacific War’s Nimitz Junior Corps introduces youth to the values, innovations, and experiences of our Greatest Generation that led to victory in WWII. Through fun games, exhibit exploration, art, and science the Nimitz Junior Corps aims to create the next generation of history enthusiasts, museum stewards, and good citizens.
- Songs of the Patriot Temporary Exhibit
- WWII Field Kitchen Display
- Memorial Day Program
- 10th Annual Nimitz Golf Classic
- Summer Camp
- June Nimitz Junior Corps- Where in the World?: Geography of WWII
- July WWII Pacific Combat Program
- July Nimitz Junior Corps- East Meets West: The Japanese During WWII
- Author’s Forum
- August Nimitz Junior Corps- East Meets West: The Japanese During WWII
- August WWII Pacific Combat Program
- October WWII Pacific Combat Program
- October Nimitz Junior Corps- Mystery of the Museum: Behind the Scenes
- November WWII Pacific Combat Program
- November Nimitz Junior Corps- Your Very Own USO Show!