News & Events
October Nimitz Junior Corps- Mystery of the Museum: Behind the Scenes
October 19th, 2019 1:00pm
Join the Nimitz Jr. Corps on Saturday, October 19th, 2019 at the National Museum of the Pacific War to learn what really makes the museum tick. Children ages 8-12 will get a behind the scene look at how exhibits are made, where educators do their research, and how we keep the Japanese Garden growing. They will also meet the hard-working museum staff which makes this a great opportunity for a student who wants to learn more about working in a museum in the future!
Nimitz Jr. Corps is open free of charge to children ages 8-12 and runs from 1:00pm-3:00pm. Participation is limited to the first 15 registrants each session. Pick-up and drop-off are at the Pacific Combat Zone. Please contact Barbara Ford at 830-997-8600 ext. 225 or email@example.com for more information.
Registration will open up on July 1, 2019
The National Museum of the Pacific War’s Nimitz Junior Corps introduces youth to the values, innovations, and experiences of our Greatest Generation that led to victory in WWII. Through fun games, exhibit exploration, art, and science the Nimitz Junior Corps aims to create the next generation of history enthusiasts, museum stewards, and good citizens.
- Songs of the Patriot Temporary Exhibit
- WWII Field Kitchen Display
- Memorial Day Program
- 10th Annual Nimitz Golf Classic
- Summer Camp
- June Nimitz Junior Corps- Where in the World?: Geography of WWII
- July WWII Pacific Combat Program
- July Nimitz Junior Corps- East Meets West: The Japanese During WWII
- Author’s Forum
- August Nimitz Junior Corps- East Meets West: The Japanese During WWII
- August WWII Pacific Combat Program
- October WWII Pacific Combat Program
- October Nimitz Junior Corps- Mystery of the Museum: Behind the Scenes
- November WWII Pacific Combat Program
- November Nimitz Junior Corps- Your Very Own USO Show!