News & Events
March WWII Pacific Combat Program
March 10th, 2018 10:30am
The hottest show in Fredericksburg is back and better than ever. Following an $8 million dollar renovation to the Pacific Combat Zone the National Museum of the Pacific War’s WWII Pacific Combat Program once again will bring history to life for visitors.
With an expanded battlefield including a Japanese controlled hill, trench and cave fighting positions, and military vehicles like the LCVP Higgins boat, M3 Stuart Tank, and half-track the volunteer living history detachment will educate the visitors on the equipment and weapons used by both forces during WWII in the Pacific.
Click on the time under what day you would like to attend
Tickets are non-refundable. This is an outdoor program that is cancelled only in cases of severe weather. In the case of program canellation, rain checks will be issued. Not recommended for small children due to loud noise.
Enjoy an educational experience you won’t find anywhere else from the new amphitheater seating, followed by a battle reenactment set on an island somewhere in the Pacific. Hear the rattle of machine gun fire, the echoing blast of grenades, and feel the searing heat of the flamethrower as the joint US forces take the Japanese controlled hill.
Show times are 10:30 am and 2 pm on both Saturday and Sunday unless otherwise noted. As this is an outdoor show, some shows may be cancelled due to weather (check back often for updates to show weekends). Tickets are $10 for adults, $5 for students, with children 6 and under free.
- Before They’re Gone: Portraits & Stories of World War II Veterans
- Decision Height, Student Play
- Anchors Aweigh: Sailors, Soldiers, Airmen and Marines of WWII
- USS Texas; The Last Dreadnought
- March WWII Pacific Combat Program
- April WWII Pacific Combat Program
- Weapons of War: Secrets and Science
- May WWII Pacific Combat Program
- Prisoners Under the Rising Sun
- June WWII Pacific Combat Program
- July WWII Pacific Combat Program
- Use it Up, Wear it Out, or Do Without: The American Homefront During World War II
- September WWII Pacific Combat Program
- Art of the Aloha Shirt: Keoni of Hawaii, 1938–51
- October WWII Pacific Combat Program
- Past Events
Tuesday, October 11, 2016
Museum launches ‘Real-time’ Twitter Experience for Pearl Harbor
In 1941, on the most infamous day in the modern era, news of a shocking event that altered the course of human history took the span of several hours (even days) to spread through the civilized world. But,.. what if our present 24-hour news technology had existed then?
Tuesday, August 23, 2016
Texas Historical Foundation Donates $5,000 to Admiral Nimitz Foundation
The Texas Historical Foundation recently donated $5,000 to help replace the roof on the historic Nimitz Hotel, now the Admiral Nimitz Museum.