News & Events
Leadership: Choose Your Own Way
October 20th, 2018 13:00pm-October 20th, 2018 17:00pm
The National Museum of the Pacific War’s Nimitz Jr. Corps introduces youth to the values, innovations, and experiences of our Greatest Generation. Through fun games, exhibit exploration, art, and science the Nimitz Jr. Corps aims to create the next generation of history enthusiasts, museum stewards, and good citizens.
On Saturday October 20, 2018 join the Nimitz Jr. Corps to test your leadership and decision making skills. Children, ages 8-13, will spend the day in the National Museum of the Pacific War studying the leaders of the War in the Pacific and the tough decisions they made that ultimately led to victory. Corps members will be tested on how closely they paid attention to those lessons learned through a rousing game of “Choose Your Own Adventure!” Nimitz Jr. Corps is from 1:00pm-5:00pm and is free of charge. Participation is limited so please register by contacting Barbara Ford at 830-997-8700 ext. 225.
- Before They’re Gone: Portraits & Stories of World War II Veterans
- Pearl Harbor Day Observance
- Anchors Aweigh: Sailors, Soldiers, Airmen and Marines of WWII
- USS Texas; The Last Dreadnought
- March WWII Pacific Combat Program
- April WWII Pacific Combat Program
- Weapons of War: Secrets and Science
- May WWII Pacific Combat Program
- Prisoners Under the Rising Sun
- June WWII Pacific Combat Program
- July WWII Pacific Combat Program
- Use it Up, Wear it Out, or Do Without: The American Homefront During World War II
- September WWII Pacific Combat Program
- Art of the Aloha Shirt: Keoni of Hawaii, 1938–51
- October WWII Pacific Combat Program
- Past Events
Tuesday, October 11, 2016
Museum launches ‘Real-time’ Twitter Experience for Pearl Harbor
In 1941, on the most infamous day in the modern era, news of a shocking event that altered the course of human history took the span of several hours (even days) to spread through the civilized world. But,.. what if our present 24-hour news technology had existed then?
Tuesday, August 23, 2016
Texas Historical Foundation Donates $5,000 to Admiral Nimitz Foundation
The Texas Historical Foundation recently donated $5,000 to help replace the roof on the historic Nimitz Hotel, now the Admiral Nimitz Museum.