News & Events
Iwo Jima Documentary Screening
February 19th, 2018 12:00am
Monday, February 19th
Showtimes: 10 a.m. & 2 p.m.
Nimitz Museum Ballroom
Free to the Public
Join us on Monday, February 19th for a special screening of the documentary IWO JIMA, produced by SFR Productions. February 19th marks the 73rd anniversary of the beginning of the Battle of Iwo Jima. Operation Detachment was to last five days but ended up lasting thirty-six.
IWO JIMA brings together the events of the attack with authentic films and photos. Many of these films and photos are rarely seen by the public. In addition to the survivor stories, films and photos of the battle, the documentary takes you on a tour of Iwo Jima as it looks today. See the monuments, markers, tunnels, and artifacts that remain on the island.
- USS Texas; The Last Dreadnought
- Leadership Seminar with Rep. Rick Miller
- April WWII Pacific Combat Program
- Weapons of War: Secrets and Science
- May WWII Pacific Combat Program
- Memorial Day
- Nimitz Golf Classic
- Prisoners Under the Rising Sun
- June WWII Pacific Combat Program
- July WWII Pacific Combat Program
- Use it Up, Wear it Out, or Do Without: The American Homefront During World War II
- September WWII Pacific Combat Program
- Art of the Aloha Shirt: Keoni of Hawaii, 1938–51
- October WWII Pacific Combat Program
- Leadership: Choose Your Own Way
- Past Events
Tuesday, October 11, 2016
Museum launches ‘Real-time’ Twitter Experience for Pearl Harbor
In 1941, on the most infamous day in the modern era, news of a shocking event that altered the course of human history took the span of several hours (even days) to spread through the civilized world. But,.. what if our present 24-hour news technology had existed then?
Tuesday, August 23, 2016
Texas Historical Foundation Donates $5,000 to Admiral Nimitz Foundation
The Texas Historical Foundation recently donated $5,000 to help replace the roof on the historic Nimitz Hotel, now the Admiral Nimitz Museum.