News & Events
Battle Buddies Classic Sporting Clay Shoot
August 26th, 2017 07:00am-August 26th, 2017 13:00pm
Join us on August 26th at the National Shooting Complex in San Antonio, Texas for our 3rd Annual Battle Buddies Classic Sporting Clay Shoot. This annual fund raiser directly support the Admiral Nimitz Foundation and Veteran Assistance Dogs of Texas.
Veterans Assistance Dogs of Texas is the dba service program of Kerrville Elks Charities, Inc. a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization that trains and donates service dogs to Disabled American Veterans with mental and/or mobility disabilities.
VADogs specializes in using Motivational Methods to train its service dogs. Each dog is carefully evaluated prior to being selected from local animal shelters, rescue groups, working dog breeders and private individuals.
VADogs Purpose is to acquire, train and donate Service Dogs to Disabled Veterans of the United States Armed Forces.
Teams of 4 or individual, $200 per shooter
Includes ammo, lunch, and beverages
Foam earplugs provided, shooter responsible for eye protection
Additional lunch can be purchased for $15
1st & 2nd place team per course
Top Woman and Top Student Trophies
To sponsor a team of Veterans and other sponsorship opportunities please contact Erick Roy at 830-997-8600 ext. 211 or at email@example.com
- The Wartime Silhouette: Patriotic Fashions of the 1940’s
- Five Stars, Five Decades: 50th Anniversary Exhibit
- WWII Field Kitchen Display
- March WWII Pacific Combat Program
- Nimitz Junior Corp - Cookies with Cooky
- Nimitz Dinner w/ Gov. Greg Abbott
- April WWII Pacific Combat Program
- Propaganda Art in WWII
- May WWII Pacific Combat Program
- July WWII Pacific Combat Program
- August WWII Pacific Combat Program
- Battle Buddies Classic Sporting Clay Shoot
- Before They’re Gone: Portraits & Stories of World War II Veterans
- September WWII Pacific Combat Program
- October WWII Pacific Combat Program
- Past Events
Thursday, January 26, 2017
Museum Welcomes WWII Field Kitchen Display
Over spring break the museum will host Cooky and his fully functioning WWII Field Kitchen as part of the displays at the Pacific Combat Zone.
Tuesday, October 11, 2016
Museum launches ‘Real-time’ Twitter Experience for Pearl Harbor
In 1941, on the most infamous day in the modern era, news of a shocking event that altered the course of human history took the span of several hours (even days) to spread through the civilized world. But,.. what if our present 24-hour news technology had existed then?