News & Events
Battle Buddies Classic Sporting Clay Shoot
September 24th, 2017 11:00am
Due to severe weather headed for the San Antonio area we have postponed the shoot till September 24th at 11 a.m. If you have any questions please contact Erick Roy at 830-997-8600 ext. 211
Join us on September 24th at the National Shooting Complex in San Antonio, Texas for our 3rd Annual Battle Buddies Classic Sporting Clay Shoot. This annual fund raiser directly support the Admiral Nimitz Foundation and Veteran Assistance Dogs of Texas.
Veterans Assistance Dogs of Texas is the dba service program of Kerrville Elks Charities, Inc. a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization that trains and donates service dogs to Disabled American Veterans with mental and/or mobility disabilities.
VADogs specializes in using Motivational Methods to train its service dogs. Each dog is carefully evaluated prior to being selected from local animal shelters, rescue groups, working dog breeders and private individuals.
VADogs Purpose is to acquire, train and donate Service Dogs to Disabled Veterans of the United States Armed Forces.
We will be raffling off a Remington Model 100 Sporting semi-automatic. Tickets are $20 each and we will only be selling 120 tickets. Retails for $1,254.00
New This Year:
This year we have added a $1,000 cash prize for Top Shooter sponsored by Anders Realty.
Starting at 7:30 we will hold the Long Bird Challenge with a cash prize of $300. It's only $10 to enter with chances to pay to play if you miss a target.
Teams of 4 or individual, $200 per shooter
Includes ammo, lunch, and beverages
Foam earplugs provided, shooter responsible for eye protection
Additional lunch can be purchased for $15
1st & 2nd place team per course
Top Woman and Top Student Trophies
To sponsor a team of Veterans and other sponsorship opportunities please contact Erick Roy at 830-997-8600 ext. 211 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Before They’re Gone: Portraits & Stories of World War II Veterans
- Anchors Aweigh: Sailors, Soldiers, Airmen and Marines of WWII
- USS Texas; The Last Dreadnought
- March WWII Pacific Combat Program
- April WWII Pacific Combat Program
- Weapons of War: Secrets and Science
- May WWII Pacific Combat Program
- Prisoners Under the Rising Sun
- June WWII Pacific Combat Program
- July WWII Pacific Combat Program
- Use it Up, Wear it Out, or Do Without: The American Homefront During World War II
- September WWII Pacific Combat Program
- Art of the Aloha Shirt: Keoni of Hawaii, 1938–51
- October WWII Pacific Combat Program
- Leadership: Choose Your Own Way
- Past Events
Tuesday, October 11, 2016
Museum launches ‘Real-time’ Twitter Experience for Pearl Harbor
In 1941, on the most infamous day in the modern era, news of a shocking event that altered the course of human history took the span of several hours (even days) to spread through the civilized world. But,.. what if our present 24-hour news technology had existed then?
Tuesday, August 23, 2016
Texas Historical Foundation Donates $5,000 to Admiral Nimitz Foundation
The Texas Historical Foundation recently donated $5,000 to help replace the roof on the historic Nimitz Hotel, now the Admiral Nimitz Museum.