Museum Visitor Service Staff (Part Time)
MUSEUM VISITOR SERVICE STAFF – PART TIME
Visitor service staff provide exceptional guest service while greeting, directing and assisting visitors making ticket purchases primarily at the Admiral Nimitz Museum and George H.W. Bush Gallery admissions counters. Visitor service staff may also provide relief at the Pacific Combat Zone or Command Post. Part time hours range from 25 - 29 hrs. per week. This position has an hourly starting rate of $11.00 and reports to the Director of Retail Services. Uniform shirts are provided.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide exceptional guest service to all visitors to ensure a memorable visit to the National Museum of the Pacific War.
- Process all transactions efficiently and accurately. Complete daily drawer reconciliation without exception (overage / shortage).
- Provide exhibit direction and information for ease of access.
- Answer telephone inquiries and direct to the appropriate staff member as necessary.
- Assist with groups as needed. Utilize special queues during peak visitation periods.
- Assist in maintaining cleanliness of main visitor areas as needed; restroom, foyers, exhibits, etc.
- Provide additional information to visitors suggesting membership, memorials and special programs and exhibits.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of work areas and counters.
- Maintain positive communication with all Foundation and THC employees. Promote teamwork throughout the campus.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous visitor services or customer service preferred. High school diploma or GED required.
- Complete all POS transactions accurately including opening and closing procedures.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate proficiency in using Windows computer programs, email, and internet and QuickBooks Point of Sale.
- Ability to use additional office equipment; fax, copier, printer.
- Must be able to stand, bend and lift as required.
- Proper hygiene, grooming and staff wear required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, holidays and occasional special event evenings.
Complete Admiral Nimitz Foundation application and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Krista Gratigni, Director of Retail Services, The Admiral Nimitz Foundation, 328 E. Main Street, Fredericksburg, TX 78624