MUSEUM STORES ASSOCIATE – PART TIME
MUSEUM STORES ASSOCIATE – PART TIME GENERAL SUMMARY: The Museum Store Associate is responsible for providing visitors with a continuation of the National Museum of the Pacific War experience and generating earned revenue consistent with the mission and standards of the organization. This part time position is scheduled for 29 hours per week and reports to Museum Stores Manager.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Greet all visitors to the museum stores with a positive and enthusiastic demeanor and assist with merchandise selection and other requested information.
* Maintain positive communication with all Foundation employees. Promote teamwork within the museum stores and throughout the Foundation.
* Follow directions as given by Retail Stores Manager and Assistant Manager.
* Accurately complete all sales transactions according to Point of Sale (POS) procedures and Foundation policy.
* Complete telephone sales, web orders and prepare merchandise for shipping.
* Assist in processing incoming stock according to POS and inventory management procedures daily.
* Assist in maintaining attractive and well stocked merchandised displays replenishing as needed.
* Assist in maintaining store cleanliness.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Positive attitude and motivated team player; works cooperatively with museum staff; provides outstanding customer service.
* Demonstrated sales and goal achievement.
* Ability to prioritize tasks and handle multiple projects.
* Proficient with computers, the Internet, Point-of-Sale applications, Microsoft Outlook and Excel.
* Ability to meet scheduled deadlines.
* Ability to lift and move stock and assist with shipping merchandise as needed.
* Ability to meet the needs of a flexible schedule including weekends, holidays and occasional evenings.
Complete Admiral Nimitz Foundation application and submit to email@example.com or mail to Krista Gratigni, Director of Visitor Services, The Admiral Nimitz Foundation, 328 E. Main Street, Fredericksburg, TX 78624