Programs for School Groups
We offer a variety of programs for school groups and all are free of charge.
School Group Tour and Optional "Teacher Preview"
Your group's self-guided tour of the museum complex includes: Admiral Nimitz Museum, Plaza of Presidents, George H.W. Bush Gallery, Pacific Combat Zone, Japanese Garden of Peace and the Memorial Courtyard.
A minimum of 1 chaperone per 10 students is required for all school groups. If chaperones outnumber students applicable admission may apply
Reserve your FREE self-guided "School Group Tour" and optional "Teacher Preview" by contacting the Director of Education.
Pacific Combat Zone Up Close
This staff-led presentation allows students to get the "boots on the ground" experience. Walk the battlefield , see artifacts up close, and learn more about WWII in the Pacific.
If you can't come to the museum, we can come to your classroom and conduct a history lesson using WWII artifacts.
For more information please contact Education Outreach Coordinator, Bryan Degner at 830-997-8600 ext. 216 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Checklist for Planning Your Trip
- PICK YOUR PROGRAMS
- Listed above
- LINE UP CHAPERONES
- A minimum of 1 chaperone per 10 students is required for all school groups
- MAKE RESERVATION
- Contact Director of Education
- DOWNLOAD MATERIAL
- Maps, TEKS-based lesson plans (Grades 4 - 12)
- CHECK YOUR PARKING OPTIONS
- Parking is free for buses and cars at the Visitor Center across from the museum on Austin Street or at the Pacific Combat Zone
- PACK LUNCH
- Picnic area is available in the Memorial Courtyard and the Main Street Plaza (Market Platz), two blocks west of the museum
- ORDER SOUVENIR DOG TAGS
- Contact the Director of Visitor Services for prices and details